Greenstar has implemented an information system to manage the data for the family planning behavior change and
adoption services, distribution of healthcare products and support services provided by various stakeholders in their service delivery framework.
The data is collected by the field force, which includes IPC (inter personal communication), sales &
distribution team, and a network of service providers (doctors, nurses and LHVs) at different locations across Pakistan.
Main functions of Information System for Greenstar include:
- To provide client based information capture from the point of care delivery, which can be either, through interaction
with an IPC, or a walk-in client in any of the service providers/clinics under the Greenstar network.
- To track the clients those have been referred by an IPC to a service provider to ensure they have received the
services from the service provider.
- To manage the supply and ordering of healthcare products supplied by Greenstar national/sub–distributors to various
service providers, pharmacies, FMCGs, and wholesale outlets under the Greenstar network.
- To manage the performance of the field force by monitoring their activities against the set performance standards
and visit plans issued by the Greenstar’s monitoring and evaluation cell.
- To evaluate the Greenstar service provider network for quality of services provided, ensuring availability of
infrastructure and services at respective clinics.
- Use of DHIS2 tracker for BCC activities and tracking of beneficiaries for family planning adoption and reproductive
health services through the community workers, and health service providers network.
- Use of associations between stakeholders and respective service delivery event to analyse not only type of services
given, but also allows to monitor the performance of the service providers.